This email is meant only to inform you.
PLEASE be cognizant of the
danger for fire in our PaB area.
We believe the smoke that is now prevalent in the air here in Pointe au Baril is due to the Key River Fire north of us, known as the Parry Sound 33 fire. We understand that this fire has expanded to 48 square kilometres within the past few days.
As the wind changes direction (more easterly), increases in velocity and blows the smoke our way, the threat of fire is increased because of:
- the ultra dry conditions,
- the present fire north of PaB, and
- the changing and strengthening wind direction.
Be Alert…Be Prepared
If you have a fire pump,
- Is it primed, gassed and ready to go?
- Run it today and re-gas it to have it ready. What little rain we’ve experienced won’t improve the present dry conditions.
Thinking ahead: (easier now to consider)
Do you have an escape route from your cottage to the boat in case of an evacuation order?
- Does everyone on the island know what to do?
- Do you have a small bag packed with essentials in case you need to evacuate?