Answered by Tom Lundy
1. What do you do if you can’t find your Boating Licence [PCOC]?
You will have to go to the course provider who issued it for a replacement. Go to the Transport Canada Website
2. What do you do if you can’t find your boat registration?
Go to the Transport Canada Website
3. What do you do if you can’t find ownership papers [a paid receipt of purchase..? From twenty years ago?]
There is no Ownership paper for a boat, there is a Pleasure Craft License. A PCL is now valid for only 10 years. You will likely be able to renew off your old PCL numbers.
4. If we find all the family PCOC’s, could we just place a photocopy of all in each boat?
The law is the law. We cannot change that. The law states that photocopies are not accepted.
- Some people carry a colour photocopy of both their PCOC and Drivers license, even laminate them, and carry a copy in each vessel.
- There is a free App for phones called UGO Wallet to keep a copy of both Driver’s Licenses and PCOCs.
5. What do a boat registration document and ownership papers look like?