Find us on Social Media
Volume 15 No. 8
This winter finds PaB without good thick ice – so be cautious out there should you be considering trekking out to the cottage!
There isn’t a great deal to report (and I think that is a good thing!) For the many members who have sent in their dues, thank you! And for those that prefer doing so closer to the deadline – that is just around the corner….so here is your gentle nudge! The Yearbook is getting its finishing touches…so that means spring cannot be too far away…
In this eBlast:
- PaBIA Membership Dues – March 15 Deadline for Inclusion in Book and Spring Off-Season Cottage Patrol listings
- In Memoriam Tim Davidson; David Johnson
- For Non-Canadians NOT IN THE KNOW re the Underused Housing Tax
- Sign up for ToA E-News Link
- SFN Annual Fund Raiser Golf Event – May 19th
- Get GBA eUpdate electronically
- Get March GBA Update – Just Released!
- Lake Michigan-Huron Water Levels – March 6, 2023
- Yearbook Update 2022 as of January 2023 This will no longer be available until after the Yearbook 2023 is printed and distributed.
Friendly Reminder; March 15 PaBIA Membership Dues
March 15th is the deadline for the Yearbook listing AND for
Primary Members of the spring cottage patrol list.
Cheque payable to PaBIA mailed to PaBIA C/o Nancy Rogers, Unit 1 – 38 Elora Dr., Hamilton ON L9C 7K3 ($US cheques accepted)
E-transfers to [email protected] (auto-deposit enabled)
By credit card through the PaBIA website pabia.ca/membership (Please do NOT try to sign in – just go directly to pabia.ca/membership and click on the appropriate level for your dues payment and any listed donations you’d like to make!)
GBA’s Information – Underused Housing Tax for Non-Canadians
PaBIA, the ToA, and the GBA have provided information to all Non-Canadians through their own means of communication regarding the new CN Underused Housing Tax. If, as non-Canadian, you have not heard about this tax, and own property in Canada, all non-Canadians MUST file a tax return for this UHT by April 30, 2023.
A few things:
- The Pointe au Baril Island area is exempt from paying any $, but MUST file anyway.
- Canadians do NOT have to file this return.
- A penalty will be assessed of minimally $5000 for not filing.
- All Non-Canadians whose name appears on a property deed MUST have an ITN number (Identification Tax Number) in order to file. This can take 6-8 weeks to get. So apply now and save all receipts of proof of filing (courier receipts, copy of ITN application, etc.) so that if you do not get the ITN in time for the filing of the tax return, you can show proof of effort.
- The GBA published this article on Feb 15…
- This UHT filing will need to be done annually going forward.
- Underused Housing Tax
- Strategic Initiative | Communication & Transparency
- Floating Cottage Update | Minister Smith
- FCM Award
- Waste Management | 2023 Bylaw Implementation
- Building & Planning | Permit Report Jan 2023
- Emergency Response | Planning for the Future
SFN Golf Event – May 19th
Parry Sound Golf Club
SFN invites all PaBIA members to put together a foursome for their Annual Golfing Fund Raiser and come play a round of golf at the Parry Sound Golf Club on May 19th! All funds raised will go toward their annual Pow Wow to be held this summer in August! To learn more, please contact Seymour Hadwen!
Your copy should address 3 key questions: Who am I writing for? (Audience) Why should they care? (Benefit) What do I want them to do here? (Call-to-Action)
Tim Davidson, A30-60 Pine Pointe on Tonches Is., husband of Sheila, father of Brooke, son of David and Penny Anne, brother of Rob (Ximena), Lucy (Karl) Wunderlich, Jamie (Sarah), and Amy (late Matthew) McGurk, and uncle to his nieces and nephews, February 2022.
David Johnson, A96 – 46 ‘Champlain Monument Is.’, husband of the late Ruth, father of Jennifer (Tim Marta), John (Kathryn Irwin), Bruce and Bud (Laurie Simpson), September 2022.
With each eBlast, we will provide you a list of names of those members who have provided updated contact information. The details of all the changes since the 2022 yearbook came out in late April are provided in THIS printable format for you to print out and insert into your own Yearbook! As of August 24th, here are the changes.
Lakes Michigan/Huron Water Levels March 6, 2023
To better read the charts, please click on the chart for the Daily or Six Month Forecast Water level chart and the corresponding websites
Please support PaBIA’s Yearbook Advertisers 2023
This site’s advertising feature was created to provide assistance for special local information &
events for existing Yearbook advertisers only.
Click on the logo to go to the website
• PaB Nursing Station
• Canadian Coast Guard
Search and Rescue
• PaBIA Emergency info
Board Minutes November 9, 2022
- PaBIA Map 2019 correction
- Environment and Nature